- Staud R, et al. Overall fibromyalgia pain is predicted by ratings of local pain and pain-related negative affect—possible role of peripheral tissues. Rheumatology 45(11):1409-15, 2006.
- Simons DG, Travell JG, Simons LS. Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction – The Trigger Point Manual – Vol 1. Upper Half of Body 2nd Ed. Williams & Wilkins, 1999.
- Ge HY, et al. The predetermined sites of examination for tender points in fibromyalgia syndrome are frequently associated with myofascial trigger points. J Pain 11(7):644-51, 2010.
- Kalichman L. Massage therapy for fibromyalgia. Rheumatol Int 30(9):1151-7, 2010.
- Dardzinski JA, et al. Myofascial pain unresponsive to standard treatment: successful use of a strain and counterstrain technique with physical therapy. J Clin Rheumatol 6(4):169-74, 2000.
- Bronfort G, et al. Evidence of manual therapies: the UK evidence report. Chiropractic & Osteopathy 18:3, 2010.
- Cao H, et al. Traditional Chinese Medicine for treating of fibromyalgia: a systemic review of randomized controlled trials. J Altern Complement Med 16(4):397-409, 2010.
- Gur A, et al. Effects of low power laser and low dose amitriptyline therapy on clinical symptoms and quality of life in fibromyalgia: a signle-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Rheumatol Int 22(5):188-93, 2002.
- Affaitati G, et al. A randomized, controlled study comparing a lidocaine patch, a placebo patch, and anesthetic injection for treatment of trigger points in patients with myofascial pain syndrome: evaluation of pain and somatic pain thresholds. Clin Ther 31(4):705-20, 2009.
- Hauser W, et al. Efficacy of different types of aerobic exercise in fibromyalgia syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Arthritis Res Ther 12(3):R79, 2010.
- Wang C, et al. A Randomized Trial of Tai Chi for Fibromyalgia. N Engl J Med 363:743-54, 2010.
- Carson JW, et al. A pilot randomized controlled trial of the Yoga of Awareness program in the management of fibromyalgia. PAIN 151:530-539, 2010.
- Kingsley JD, et al. The effects of 12 weeks of resistance exercise training on disease severity and autonomic modulation at rest and after acute leg resistance exercise in women with fibromyalgia. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 91(10)1551-7, 2010.
- Russell IJ, et al. Treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome with Super Malic: a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, crossover pilot study. J Rheumatol 22(5):953-8, 1995.
- Latest News January 29, 2010 – A Little Omega-3 Could Reduce Your Pain and Fatigue
- Naziroglu M, et al. Vitamins C and E treatment combined with exercise modulates oxidative stress markers in blood of patients with fibromyalgia: A controlled clinical pilot study. Stress [Epub ahead of print] July 28, 2010.
- Kunz D, et al. Melatonin in patients with reduced REM sleep duration: two randomized controlled trials. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89(1):128-34, 2004.
- Salter S, Brownie S. Treating primary insomnia – the efficacy of valerian and hops. Aust Fam Physician 39(6):433-7, 2010.
- Birdsall TC. 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Altern Med Rev 3(4):271-90, 1998.
- Rossini M, et al. Double-blind, multicenter trial comparing acetyl l-carnitine with placebo in the treatment of fibromyalgia patients. Clin Exp Rheumatol 25(2):182-8, 2007.
References from: www.fmnetnews.com/fibro-basics/treatment/non-drug-therapies
Fibromyalgia Network | PO Box 31750 | Tucson, AZ 85751 | (800) 853-2929
This site is provided for informational purposes only. To remain unbiased, we do not accept endorsements, advertisements, or pharmaceutical industry grants. Patients should always consult their physician for medical advice and treatment.